Feb 15, 2009
Individuals If you claimed exemption from withholding last year on the Form W-4 you gave your employer, you must afile a new Form W-4 by this date to continue your exemption for another year. 
Apr 15, 2009

Tax return due. Your 2009 income tax return is due, unless you file for an extension until Oct. 15, 2009.

File for extension. If you want an automatic extension of time to file your 2009 tax return, file Form 4868. Filing the form gives you until Oct. 15, 2009 to file your return. To avoid a penalty, however, be sure to pay any tax that was due on April 15. 

Individual Retirement Accounts or Roth IRAs. This is the deadline for making contributions to IRAs or Roth IRAs for tax year 2009. 

Estimated tax payment. Your first-quarter estimated tax payment for 2009 is due. 

State tax returns. If you are required to file a state tax return, it is probably due -- but check with your state to be certain. Many states automatically extend the filing time for those who have filed for a federal extension. 

Household employers. If you paid cash wages of $1,500 or more in 2009 to a household employee, file Schedule H (Form 1040) with your income tax return and report any employment taxes by April 15, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

Filing deadline. If you're a United States citizen or resident alien living and working (or on military duty) outside the U.S. and Puerto Rico, file Form 1040 and pay any tax, interest and penalties due. You can file for an extension until Oct. 15, 2009. 

Estimated taxes due. Your second-quarter estimated tax payment (using form 1040-ES) for 2009 is due. 

Sep 17, 2009
Individuals Make a payment of your 2009 estimated tax if you are not paying your tax for the year through withholding. This is the third installment date for 2009.
Oct 15, 2009

Income tax return due. Your 2009 income tax return is due if you filed an extension request using Form 4868.

© DC Consulting Group 2009